Lawyer – Partner.
Thierry Lauwers (1972, Ghent) obtained his law degree from the University of Ghent (R.U.G.) in 1995 (cum laude). In 1996, he graduated magna cum laude as a master in tax law (licence spéciale en droit fiscal) at the Université Libre de Bruxelles (U.L.B.).
Thierry Lauwers is a lawyer specialized in tax law since 1996. He started his professional career at the Brussels Bar as an associate of M. Jean-Pierre Lagae (Linklaters) and subsequently as an associate of M. John Kirkpatrick (Liedekerke).
Afterwards he set up his own tax law practice. He is the founding partner of Lauwers & Seutin Tax Lawyers, with offices located in Sint-Martens-Latem (Ghent), Brussels and Liège.
- Master of Laws – Ghent University
- One-try-only examination “Special Licence in Tax Law” – Brussels University
- Year book Fiscal case-law 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017.
- Taxation seen through another lens: Local taxes.
- Taxation seen through another lens: Regional taxes.
- Taxation seen through another lens: International tax law.
- Manual Local Taxes.
- Manual Regional Taxes: Quo vadis?
- Manual International Tax Law.
- Local taxes and the tax authorities. Guidance in jurisdictions and procedures.
- Regional taxes and the tax authorities. Guidance in jurisdictions and procedures.
- Bachelor Accountancy-Taxation
- Post Bachelor Applied Taxation
- Postgraduate training Property Law
- Postgraduate training Financial Law
Other professional activities
- Editorial board member New Notarial Quarterly Review
- Board member Magazine for Case-law of Ghent and Western-Flanders
- Editor Local and Regional Taxes
- Editor Manual for House Rent and Commercial Rent
- Editor Magazine for Local and Regional Taxes
- Annotator Magazine for Tax Law
- Annotator Magazine for Case-law of Antwerp, Brussels, Ghent
- Board member (secretary-general) of the International Fiscal Association (IFA)
- Founding member of the Belgian Association of Tax Lawyers (BATL)
- Board member of the Association of accountants, auditors, tax consultants, bookkeepers and fiscal experts (VABF)