The cities, municipalities and provinces are authorized to levy taxes on all matters. Examples are company taxes, taxes on second homes, municipal and provincial surcharges, etc. Both individuals and companies will in any case be confronted with these levies at local level. It goes without saying that these local taxes must be in harmony with the legal rules and general principles of law. It is important to have these local taxes analyzed by a specialist.
Lauwers & Seutin Tax Lawyers will assist you, among other, with:
- providing advice on the legality and regularity of local tax regulations;
- screening tax regulations in order to save taxes;
- tax optimizations of your company on local taxes;
- conducting legal proceedings before the Council of State for the annulment of local tax regulations;
- assisting in disputes and conducting legal proceedings regarding local taxes.